Hey new and second/third/fourth time moms!! I am sure you are all exhausted and looking for easy tips with those sleepy eyes and messy hair (not to mention the stinky stains on your dress!! ha ha). So to keep up with the pace of technology and lifestyle one needs to plan well and execute, isn’t it? Especially working mothers, who take responsibility of a full time job, fulfill everyone’s needs at home and it gets tougher when babies are thrown into the picture! And the scenario worsens proportionally with the number of kids and other family members..
So why not make our life easy. I really had HARD time to get in track with my routines and so would like to help or give ideas for those lovely moms coming up along this path. Here are my few tips to help new moms and working moms.
1. Plan menu for the coming week on the second day of weekend and do grocery shopping accordingly. Spare 10 minutes to make a list and you will save hours wondering about stuff you need in supermarket and avoid buying unnecessary things. Do shopping on the first day of the weekdays, you will get fresh goods and less rush in the mall.
2. Split into twos while you shop. Give your hubby a list which he can pick up and get the stuff which you can.
3. Have a spare makeup bag in office. Maybe when you have a bad night because the baby and you overslept, just put on your clothes and get baby ready. Do your makeup in office or washroom. Include moisturiser, liner, lipstick, compact, comb, mirror, eyeshadows, pair of clips, etc in your bag.
4. Keep the bags of kids ready the night before i.e. Sterilised Bottles, Formula milk containers, their clothes, bibs, etc. To save time you can keep a big set of pampers, wipes, etc at the babysitters and refill whenever it is over.
5. Set out the dress for work the night before or even better lay out dresses for the week.
6. Make lunch and breakfast for kids night before or keep stuff ready like chopped veggies. And keep extra food in freezer.
7. Do the same for your breakfast and lunch the night before. If you have canteen or cafeteria go for it. Also alternate days ask hubby to eat from his canteen. Preferably stop bothering about cooking for you and your husband! You add this to your chores then you are done!
8. Ok! So your two-only hands cannot reach everywhere. Forget about the cleaning. Have a maid once a week to mop floors and clean bathrooms.
9. One thing at a time please! Avoid multitasking. I am serious. If you think multitasking helps then you are
wrong. Handling two babies and doing one task is in itself multitasking. You dont want to do laundry and burn your food in the kitchen right? Or cook food and burn your clothes while ironing?
10. Keep a day for errands like laundry day. Separate for adults and kids. Then mall day. Shopping day. Cooking day. I prefer the laundry day on the evening of the last day of the weekdays as I can stay awake for as long as I want to with no rush to prepare for tomorrow.
11. Wake up one hour before kids. Do your makeup and have coffee and prepare their food. Dressing up when they are asleep is easy than trying to do makeup or cooking when they are awake.
12. Have one or two days in a week with no household works. No cooking. No cleaning. Only packing food for your kids. So that you spend some time with kids and play with them.
13.The most toughest part is that babies need a routine. Specific set of routines for a set time. Like 7pm bath. 8pm dinner. 8.30 playtime and 9pm they should be in bed.
14. Keep special toys for kids in the morning when they tend to be on a screaming mode in the morning. This will calm them while you get ready
15. Prepare mashed foods of fruits/ veggies and freeze them in ice cubes. So that you can just reheat them. Remember not to keep the reheated food for further use again. This is also a quick fix in your lazy days.
16. Always Empty the trash, especially the diaper trash the night before. A less stinky home will make you feel good.
17. The more work winded up/ prepped up at night easier it is in the morning. You will be up and running smooth.
18. Whichever day is decided as cooking day (mine is friday and tuesday) try to come from office early.
19.Limit distractions like facebook, instagram, twitter. Want to have social time on net? Do it in the morning and then dont bother. You want to leave for office on time rather than late. So check in your accounts or emails once you reach office or when you take a break or while you walk.
20. Learn super quick meals. This is an art. Browse through 10 to 15 min quick meal recipes and figure out which is good for you.
21. You can make a paste of ginger- garlic. Chilli. Tomato. Mince meat. Even leaves. Etc for a month. Keep them in your freezer.
22. If your hubby is a foodie then Stock up on foods like spring rolls, kababs, tikkas, cutlets, marinated meat upto a month.
23. Sit down and make a list of your daily, weekly, monthly routine. Then make a list of your food menu for kids. Try to incorporate the menu in your routine list. Add in your allotted days (like laundry, shopping) in them.
24. Keep post-it notes. In the midst of busy life we often forget something. So when a thought comes up, pen it down
25. Start following the principle ” every thing has its own place“. Organize all the stuff.
26. Declutter. Get rid of useless clothes and stuff. You don’t want them to make your house messy and occupying your room and subsequently your mind
27. When the baby sleeps, you should relax. Plan what needs to be done. Only plan, don’t move your butt from the bed. Relax and enjoy the peace. You deserve it.
28. Try to split out your chores with your husband. Yes, they are lazy brats! But if you give them instructions they will do it and yes keep your eyes AND mouth closed as to how they do it. What matters is, you get the job done.
29. Any day you plan to go out please wash their bottles, pack their bags and yours too, give them their bath and then only go out. Because once you are back from anywhere you have no time to organize.
30. Keep a log book to plan the next week. Stick up your menu on your fridge door. Keep two menus and alternate it weekly.
There are many more. Will update as I go. After all I am still mastering it!
Please like and share if you found these tips helpful and go on helping out the other lost lovely mothers. 🙂 Take care beautiful mommas!!!